Kew Green Hotels became one of the first hotel management companies to deliver an inaugural annual leadership conference
Kew Green Hotels Hosts First Ever Digital Inaugural Conference and Awards
The 4th February 2021 saw Kew Green Hotels host our first ever digital annual leadership conference and awards, becoming one of the first hotel management companies to deliver an inaugural annual leadership conference as a fully virtual event.
Co-hosted by Kew Green’s CEO, Chris Dexter and hospitality ambassador, Fred Sirieix, key note speakers included Kew Green Hotels’ Senior Leadership Team and guest
During the day, the conference centred about the challenges that we have faced during the COVID-19 pandemic and the steps we have taken as a company in order to overcome adv
ersity and put Kew Green in the best possible position to recover once lockdown restrictions are lifted and travel is permitted once again.
Our Senior Leadership Team gave us an insight to each of their areas and how these will be used and adapted to lead the way to our recovery:
- Chris Dexter, CEO: Set out the goals and ambitions for the future of Kew Green Hotels.
- Oxana Chernaya, Director of Procurement and Cost: Discussed technology and innovation through procurement.
- Dean Crews, Group Executive Chef: How to drive customer experience through Food and Beverage.
- Sam Barrell, Director of Business Development & Graham Norris, Managing Director of Managed Properties: Discussed how we will accelerate our recovery throughout this year and beyond and our goals of becoming a leading UK and International management company.
- Joanna Fisher, Group Commercial Director: How we can accelerate our recovery through Sales and Marketing.
- Ros Hardiman, Director of Human Resources: An overview of our people.
Chris Dexter, CEO of Kew Green Hotels remarked “We are delighted to have pioneered another first for our company and our industry by delivering our annual leadership conference and awards in a virtual
environment, helping to raise vital additional funds for our charity partner, Greenfingers. Thank you to all of our speakers and sponsors, as well as our events partner, Glasgows.“
The event was made possible due to the kind contribution of our sponsors and guest speakers. A dedicated campaign to highlight sponsors implemented through email and social media, as well as key touch points throughout the virtual delegate zone. Each of our premium sponsors received a personalised virtual sponsor stand which allowed them to feature information about their business and included a show reel video, downloadable documents, images and contact information. Sponsors were able to interact with attendees via direct message, a messages board within their stand and via the chat area in the virtual delegate zone. There were almost 1,000 interactions that took place between attendees and sponsors.
On sponsoring the event, comments included:
- ‘“A great conference, excellent in every way”’ Clarity Housekeeping Limited
- “Thanks Kew Green Hotels – you made it easy for us”, LiME FMS
- “We are proud to sponsor once again”, Edge DPM
In the evening, the digital awards, co- hosted by hospitality ambassador Fred Sirieix and our CEO Chris Dexter, recognised the outstanding employees and the dedication they have shown in providing accommodation for essential workers. It was available to all employees to view and also featured a social wall and a Spotify Kitchen Disco Playlist.
From winning awards for being a ‘Hero in a Crisis’ to winning ‘Best Dressed’ – there certainly was plenty to celebrate for our teams and the awards were the perfect way to wrap up what has been a challenging, unpredictable year for everyone, both professionally and personally.