Late last year, we put our trust in our employees and asked them to share with us the details surrounding their employee experiences here at Kew Green Hotels, and how, as a company, we can continue to make positive changes as a company, as we continue our pursuit of Outstanding.
We want to say a huge THANK YOU to our teams who all took part in the 2018 Employee Engagement Survey, whose opinions are invaluable in helping us to shape our future.
We are delighted to share the OUTSTANDING result – 88% of our employees are satisfied of very satisfied with their career at Kew Green Hotels!
What are we getting right?
- Our employees feel there is someone at work that truly cares for and takes care of them
- Genuine friendships are made and maintained within our teams and hotels
- Our communication means that everyone knows what is expected of them in their role
- Kew Green Hotels employees are given the opportunity to do what they do best every single day.
As you can imagine, this feedback blew us away. This is the third year in succession that we have achieved a score of this level. While we all know that working in hospitality can be challenging at times this shows how rewarding it can be working in an environment where it’s all about the people. And that is what really shone through our Employee Engagement results.
Where is there room for improvement?
- 92% rated their on-boarding experience as 3 star – we think this is definitely something to be proud of! However, in a commitment to pursuing Outstanding, we will be making further improvements to our on-boarding process in 2019
- 70% of our employees told us that they regularly take part in Service Secrets, our daily training initiative. We have made a promise to train every single person every single day so 2019 will see us build on the success of this programme and ensure it reaches all of our teams throughout the group.
We spoke to Ros Hardiman, Director of Human Resources at Kew Green Group
“We are of course delighted with these results. Here at Kew Green we believe that everyone should experience Outstanding days at work. When our teams come to work happy and feel fulfilled in their roles it clearly shows in our guest satisfaction and profitability. So, we take care of our teams so our teams can take care of our guests. Our Employee Engagement Survey is key for us in finding out what both motivates and frustrates our teams and is imperative in enabling us to continually evolve our approach and ensure that our teams love coming to work.”
In a commitment to really understanding how our employees are feeling about life at Kew Green Hotels at any given time, in 2019, we will be moving to frequent pulse surveys. We are very excited about the prospect of using this feedback to drive change which will impact on our employee experience and engagement.
Interested in joining a company who values its employees and consistently strives for Outstanding? Get in touch with our Talent Resourcing team at firstname.lastname@example.org.